GP Trail Balance Runtime Slow

Questions and Answers asked by users to users, about how others use Jet Express.

GP Trail Balance Runtime Slow

Postby LCLUFF » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Hello,
I am using Jet Express to run a trial balance for GP 2013 for a DB with approx 20K GL acocunts. It is taking approx. 20 minutes for the report to run vs seconds for smaller databases on my system. Are there settings that can be adjusted to improve the runtime? Many of the GL accounts have zero $ activity.
LCLUFF

Re: GP Trail Balance Runtime Slow

Postby MWilson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Hello LCLUFF,

Other than removing the accounts which have no activity from your report there is nothing that I am aware of to increase the performance.
You could break up the report into two smaller reports or break it up into a few smaller reports based on your segments.
With Jet Professional there is optimization performed to send queries in batches to the SQL Server using replication of functions in Excel rather than having to send each query individually, so that may be something to look into.
Here is a knowledge base article that describes this in greater detail: https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en-us/articles/218954028

Best regards,
MWilson
MWilson

Postby LCLUFF » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:55 am

Hello MWilson,
Thank you for the reply. From the information in the KB, it looks like Jet Pro will allow filtering out accounts with zero balances, can this be done in Express?
LCLUFF

Postby MWilson » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:00 am

Hello LCLUFF,

Just for reference, the example in the knowledge base article is referring to Microsoft Dynamics NAV, not GP.
With Jet Express you do not get to utilize the NL(Rows) functionality, only GL(Rows) which does not include filtering to bring back accounts whose balance are ">0".

Best regards,
MWilson
MWilson

Return to Ask the Community