Combining GL function & table

Questions and Answers asked by users to users, about how others use Jet Express.

Combining GL function & table

Postby RBunch » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm trying to create a report that pulls transaction totals for a specific account number during a specific period, but filtered by a Vendor ID. The only way I can figure to include the Vendor ID is to create a table, but can't find where I can include my account number or periods. Can you use the GL function in addition to the table builder? Is there another way to filter the total transactions for an account number by vendor?
RBunch

Re: Combining GL function & table

Postby HPDeskJet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:37 am

Hello -

Do you mean something like this?

gl_trans_by_vendor.png
gl_trans_by_vendor.png (51.37 KiB) Viewed 498 times

-HP
HPDeskJet

Postby RBunch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Yes, that table worked better than the one I was trying. Now that I've run the table, I've created another sheet using the GL function separately from the table. However, every time I refresh, it removes all GL data. Can you not refresh a table and a GL report within the same spreadsheet?
RBunch

Postby HPDeskJet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 pm

While it's a best practice for NL(Table) reports to not include other items on that specific worksheet, it is still possible.

You need to be a little careful on how you design the page.

For example, let's consider this report that combines both an NL(Table) and several GL() functions:
combo-design.png
combo-design.png (7.14 KiB) Viewed 496 times

When I run the report, the inserted Excel table will push my GL functions off to the right - the more columns in the table, the farther off to the right the GL functions would be pushed.
combo-results.png
combo-results.png (101.72 KiB) Viewed 496 times

Is that what is happening to you?
HPDeskJet

Postby RBunch » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:46 am

No, it's deleting the formulas within the GL function and use the table field options instead of the ranges I put in cells and tie to GL.
For example, where the cell should have the GL function formala: =GL("Rows","Accounts","*11-313*") it only put the actual value that was produced so I can't continue running each time. I have to reenter GL info each time because of the table.

That's ok though, I can manually enter info. Thank you for your help!!
RBunch

Return to Ask the Community